Masurian Lake District – „ The land of a thousand lakes”.

Masuria – one of the most beautiful and, until recently, most underestimated parts of Poland. The district had been elected as one of the 28 finalists of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. A place that attracts tourists with its natural beauty, clean air and silence. A paradise on earth for sailing enthusiasts. Every year Masuria attracts people who find here both peace and quiet in tiny towns lost among forests, as well as interesting entertainment in popular boat resorts on the lakes. Everywhere there are forests, lakes, canoe routes, and unspoiled nature. Over 3000 lakes, unspoiled nature and places that are in vain in other parts of Poland. Masuria are one of a kind – you can see it in person

Malbork Castle.
Malbork Castle is located in the north of Poland, on the east bank of the River Nogat. It is the most complete and elaborate example of a Gothic brick-built castle complex in the characteristic and unique style of the Teutonic Order. The style exemplified here evolved independently from those which prevailed in contemporary castles in western Europe and the Near East. This spectacular fortress bears witness to the phenomenon of the Teutonic Order state in Prussia. The state was founded in the 13th century by German communities of military monks who carried out crusades against the pagan Prussians and Lithuanians living on the south Baltic coast, as well as against the Christian Kingdom of Poland. It reached its greatest influence in the 14th century. Malbork Castle is also deeply rooted in social consciousness as a significant and emotional symbol of the history of Central Europe.

The Wolf’s Lair – Ruins.
The Wolf’s Lair (German: Wolfsschanze) is a complex of bunkers that during World War II served as Hitler’s most important secret headquarters. Third Reich’s Führer spent there more than 800 days, during which he fought against the Soviet Union.
The construction of Wolf’s Lair commenced in 1940, and it was used by Hitler from 1941 to 1944. The 250 ha large massacred town in the forest included 200 buildings, shelters, barracks, two airports, a railway station, a water supply system, a heating station, and even a cinema, a sauna, a tea house, and a canteen. Now, – The venue has been opened up as a kind of ‘museum’ to remember what actually happened here. The desolate forest is full of the remains of concrete buildings that were once inhabited by the Nazis but have long since been reclaimed by nature and covered in trees, moss, and shrubs. If you are interested in history, especially World War II, then this place is obligatory for you.

Majdanek – German concentration camp from II World War.
The Majdanek concentration camp was in operation on the south-eastern outskirts of Lublin between autumn 1941 and July 1944. It was officially designated as a »Prisoner of War Camp of the Waffen SS in Lublin«. After the German attack on the Soviet Union in June 1941, the camp was to become a production site for the SS.
In the approximately 30 months of its existence, the »Lublin concentration camp«, as it was officially called from February 1943 on, fulfilled various functions and was subordinate to different entities within the National Socialist concentration camp system. The SS used it as a forced labor camp and partially as an extermination and transit camp
The memorial, which was established on the former camp premises after the war, was one of the first memorials in Europe to honor the victims of National Socialist crimes at the historic site. Today, the museum comprises a total of 70 original buildings.

Other attractions

error: Content is protected !!